AMX’s Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In response to the elevated risks of the COVID-19 virus, AMX is taking proactive measures to minimize potential risks while we maintain regular business operations. We have activated a cross-functional task force to track real-time updates and implement comprehensive contingency plans, if needed.
Our primary focus is the health and safety of our customers and colleagues. We also realize our critical role in helping to deliver a wide range of products and supplies that are in great demand. As a result, we’re taking cautionary steps to provide a safe, clean and welcoming environment.
We are adhering to best practices to mitigate exposure recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding the COVID-19 virus. These preventive cleaning, sanitation and social distancing procedures include:
- Providing employees with sufficient space to perform their jobs without direct contact with others
- Consistent cleaning and disinfecting protocols of objects and surfaces
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Readily available alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations for public and team member use
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth, as well as hand-shakes and high-fives
- Requiring sick team members to stay home
In turn, we request that we work together to protect our drivers at your facilities as well. There may be occasions where our drivers will need access to your facilities, including restrooms or rest areas. Please let us know if there are precautionary measures our drivers will need to take prior to their arrival.
As the situation evolves, we will continue to modify our plans as needed and will update you accordingly. Our teams remain fully accessible to support your ongoing needs and urgent communications. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have further questions.
AMX Leadership Team
Key Driver Guidelines
We greatly appreciate your hard work — and value your health. As a result, we are temporarily taking new precautionary procedures to keep you as safe and healthy as possible, including:
- Limit entry into the AMX building by dropping bills with the guard.
- Communicate with your dispatcher or other AMX personnel through phone or messaging.
- Enter the driver’s lounge through the exterior door.
- Please let your dispatcher know if you are sick.
- Please let your dispatcher know immediately if you have been out of the country in the past 6 months.
We will provide updates as needed. Additionally, you can contact your dispatcher directly for other precautionary measures you can take to protect yourself. Thank you.